Thistles and Thorns

>> Thursday, February 16, 2012

This is the place I find myself.

The place smack dab in the middle of a rock and a hard place.

Life here is unkind and unwavering in its hardness.

Hard angles.

Hard surfaces.

Hard movement.

Hardness at every turn.

The place where life seems to cease...

living.

But it is here that He has me.

This is where the fire is.

This is where refinement happens.

This is the place where all hope seems lost

and breathing isn't easy.

The death rattle rises in my chest.

Death is imminent.

This is the way it has to be.


This flesh is going down...

but my spirit will rise (in Him).

I often feel like Jacob wrestling the Almighty.

I, too, walk with a (spiritual) limp.

This is where healing comes.














 

1 comments:

OMSH February 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM  

Everything for you is "hard" and everything for me is "sticky" - funny that. Apparently refinement comes in many flavors.
*sigh*

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP